What are the different types of sliding window accessories?
Sliding windows offer a sophisticated and space-efficient solution that seamlessly connects indoor and outdoor spaces. These windows rely on various components to facilitate a smooth operation and enhance security.
In this article, we will delve into the different types of sliding window accessories, exploring their diverse uses and vital roles in ensuring optimal functionality. By understanding these, you’ll gain valuable insights into how these components contribute to the overall performance and convenience of sliding windows.
Sliding windows are not complete without rollers. These small, often hidden devices are responsible for enabling the smooth opening and closing of the window panels. Rollers are typically made of durable materials like nylon or stainless steel, ensuring long-lasting performance. They are designed to fit seamlessly into the window frame for effortless movement with minimal friction.
Rollers come in various designs, including single or dual-wheel configurations. Single-wheel rollers are suitable for lightweight windows, while dual-wheel rollers are ideal for heavier panels. Some advanced roller systems even incorporate ball bearings, further reducing friction and enhancing the gliding motion.
At AMC Aluminum, there are different types of window rollers available. The Blue Rollers 798 and 900 Series are made of high-quality plastic and are perfect for heavy-duty usage. They come in single, double, and bearing configurations, catering to our WSD window series.
The SD Nylon roller is made of nylon material, providing durability and reliability. It is available in single, double, and bearing options, with a color typically in white.
For those seeking the strength of steel, the SD Steel Roller is an option. Made from steel, it offers robustness and durability. Similar to the other roller types, it is available in single, double, and bearing variations, with a color option of steel or gold.
There can be different types of handles that can be used perfectly for your sliding windows. This accessory ensures easy and secure operation. In addition to their functional significance, handles also play a role in enhancing the visual appeal of the window. They are available in a variety of designs, finishes, and materials, allowing homeowners to select options that align with their interior style.
Protruding handles are designed to provide a more prominent grip, offering convenience and ease of operation. Here are the available options for protruding handles:
- Cam Handle – This cam handle is specifically for our 38 series window, with or without a keeper, and is specifically designed for Aluminum Casement or Awning Windows. It is available in colors such as white, brown, and black.
- Cam Handle with Keeper (701 and 703) – These cam handles, labeled 701 and 703, feature a locking mechanism that secures the sash in a closed position by wedging it against a keeper. These handles are known for their good quality and durability, ensuring long-lasting performance. They are also used for Aluminum Casement or Awning Windows and are available in black, brown, and white color options.
- Cam Handle with Keeper (WSD) – Similar to the previous option, this cam handle variant is specifically for WSD series windows, and locks the sash in a closed position by wedging it against a keeper. The handles are crafted with high-quality materials and are suitable for Aluminum Casement or Awning Windows.
- Plastic Handle – This handle is specifically designed for sliding screen doors and windows. It is constructed from durable plastic materials, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The plastic handle is built to last and is available in black and white colors.
Security is a legitimate concern when it comes to sliding windows, and it’s crucial to have reliable sliding window locks to protect your property. These accessories are specifically designed to prevent unauthorized entry and securely close the window panels. Fortunately, there are different types of sliding window locks available, each serving its purpose:
- Flush lock: This particular lock stands out for its excellent quality and is commonly used for sliding windows and doors. It offers exceptional durability and provides reliable security. You can find the Flush Lock in MAT colors like white and anodized finishes, while the 900 Durable Flush Lock is available in black and white color options.
- Center lock: If you have sliding windows from the 798 or 900 series, you’ll find the center lock to be a perfect fit. These locks are specifically designed to secure sliding windows and are available in various colors, such as white, brown, black, and anodized finishes. Moreover, they come in different sizes, accommodating both short and long window configurations.
Although less common in sliding windows, some designs incorporate hinges to facilitate specific functionalities. Hinges provide support for the pivoting motion of certain window types, such as awning or casement windows. They allow the window panel to swing open, providing ample ventilation and easy cleaning access.
Hinges for sliding windows are typically concealed within the frame, maintaining a clean and sleek appearance. They are made from durable materials like stainless steel or brass to withstand constant use and exposure to the elements.
Whether you’re renovating your home or simply looking to upgrade your sliding windows, explore the types of sliding window accessories available to enhance their functionality and security. Choose quality, durability, and style, and let your sliding windows become a standout feature that complements your home’s overall design.
Looking for high-quality sliding windows? Look no further than AMC Aluminum, the trusted aluminum manufacturer in the Philippines. With a solid reputation for excellence and craftsmanship for 20 years, AMC Aluminum offers a wide range of aluminum solutions ranging from Jaloucoat®, powder-coated aluminum finishes, sliding windows, up to awnings & doors that are not only visually appealing but also built to last. Contact us for your sliding window needs and experience the difference between working with a trusted industry leader.